The Club shall be called Springhead Park Golf Club.
The Club comprises only the golfing section and is specific to golfing matters only, traditions and etiquette as laid down by the R&A.
1. OBJECTIVES The Club shall be:-
- To provide for the members a golf course, leisure facility and clubhouse, and for recreation social intercourse and refreshment for the benefit of the members, and to afford the members facilities for meeting one another and entertaining their friends.
- To promote and encourage the sport of golf.
- To institute and carry through annually stroke and match play competitions for the benefit of the members of The Club.
- The Club shall be a member of the Golf Union of England and shall abide by the constitution and rules of the Union as it may be altered from time to time.
- All competitions shall be organised and run in accordance with the Rules of Golf as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews.
2. GOLF COMMITTEE
Captain, Vice Captain, Competition Secretary, Secretary and 4 additional members.
The president as he wishes may attend at any time.
The immediate past captain may serve as a member of the committee for a further one year following his year of captaincy.
A Quorum of 5 must be present to pass any resolution.
The election of the committee shall stand for a maximum of 3 years. All vacancies shall be nominated for election and a vote will take place at the AGM.
Membership shall consist of:-
All categories that the proprietor wishes to implement as members.
These members shall be eligible to vote at meetings of The Club and can be elected as members of the Committee which should have control over all matters pertaining to the game of golf. Membership is not transferable.
The price of fees shall be decided by proprietor.
Subscriptions shall be payable on the 1st April each year.
5. ELECTION OF COMMITTEE
The election of committee members shall take place in the following manner:
- Any two full members of The Club shall be at liberty to nominate a member to serve on the committee. The name of each member so nominated shall be sent in writing to the Secretary at least twenty one days before the AGM, accompanied by a letter from the candidate.
- All new officers elected at the AGM shall take up their posts the first day of January following the AGM.
6. ELECTION OF VICE CAPTAIN
At each AGM the incoming Captain will introduce the nominated Vice Captain for the coming year.
7. POWERS OF MEMBERS COMMITTEE
The Members Committee, in addition to any powers hereinafter specifically conferred upon them, shall have the following powers and duties:-
- To provide liaison between the members of The Club and the Proprietor
- To control competitions and handicapping.
- To appoint such subcommittees as seems to them necessary and to delegate any such subcommittee such powers as seem to them proper.
The Secretary will be responsible for circularising members with details of meetings held in accordance with these rules.
9. GUEST OF MEMBERS
- Members may, subject to approval of the Committee, introduce friends to the use of the clubhouse by signing their names in the visitor’s book without payment of any fee. Should any such person wish to play on the course, however, the appropriate green fee for the guest must be paid and the introducing member must play with his or her guest when on the course and must be responsible for conduct.
- People who wish to play the course but are not guests may pay a green fee and become a day member of The Club. It is preferable that such persons should have a letter of introduction and a handicap certificate from their own club.
10. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The AGM of The Club shall be held each year in the month of December at such time and place as the Members Committee shall determine.
- Golfing accounts shall be drawn up and audited by an outside agent by the end of October and presented at the AGM.
11. EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
The Members Committee shall call an EGM whenever a question of urgent importance shall arise and shall be bound to do so on receiving a requisition by ten members of The Club.
The Committee, subject to the approval of the Proprietor, is empowered to make, vary and revoke such byelaws as it may from time to time consider necessary for the well being of The Club. Until revoked all byelaws shall be binding on the members.
13. CONDUCT OF MEMBERS
- A member may resign his membership at any time by letter delivered to the Proprietor at The Club address.
- The Proprietor may expel from The Club (or suspend from membership to a specific period) any member whose conduct is such that in the opinion of The Proprietors it might be injurious to associate with members of The Club.
- Before a member is expelled or suspended, the alleged offenders conduct shall be inquired into and the person involved shall be given the opportunity to defend himself or herself and to justify or explain his or her behaviour.
- Having inquired into the events, if the Proprietors are of the opinion that the member is guilty of such conduct as mentioned above and that the member has failed to justify or explain it satisfactorily, The Proprietors may either expel or suspend the offender at The Proprietors’ discretion.
- A member expelled shall forfeit all the privileges of membership without claim for any refund of subscriptions.
- Members will be refused entry to The Club whilst deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The Proprietors may delegate any of the powers relating to membership to the Members Committee
All complaints shall be made to the Secretary and if required by him shall be in writing. If the Secretary is unable to deal with any complaint, he shall refer it to The Proprietors, whose decision shall be final. In no instance shall an employee of the proprietors be reprimanded directly by a member.
15. CLUB PROPERTY
No member shall take away, or permit to be taken away from the clubhouse, under the pretence whatsoever, or shall injure or destroy any article which is the property of The Club.
16. PROPERTY AND EFFECTS
The Proprietors shall not be responsible for any loss or theft of money or valuables whilst at The Club or on the course.
Competitions shall be held at such time and under such conditions as the Golf Committee and the Proprietors shall jointly determine.